Welcome to the Homepage of The Washington Travel Clinic, the private practice of Ziad Akl, MD, FACP. Dr. Akl is a physician specialized in Infectious Diseases and Travel Medicine.
What makes your experience with us unique?
- We do our best to accommodate your schedule.
- Same-day appointments.
- Online appointment scheduling available. No holding on the phone.
- Conveniently located downtown right next to the Farragut West metro station.
- We are green and fully electronic.
- No paperwork. No questionnaires to fill out. No hassle.
- Dr. Akl personally answers the phone and will answer any questions prior to your visit. In addition, you can reach Dr. Akl easily by email and soon via chat services.
- You are seen by a Board-Certified physician specializing in Infectious Diseases and Travel Medicine.
- We understand needle anxiety, that's why you are seen in a soothing atmosphere.
- Dr. Akl personally administers the necessary vaccines during the same visit.
- In case of an emergency, you can reach Dr. Akl 24/7 by phone.
- If a consultation is needed after your trip because of illness, Dr. Akl is available to see you and your initial visit is free if you had a full consultation before your travel.
- The regular travel visit fee is valid for one year during which follow-up visits and requests for prescription refills are free of charge.
- Prescription refill requests are easily made online.
- Our charges are clearly listed in the Pricing section.
- You can connect to our guest Wi-Fi while you wait.
At The Washington Travel Clinic, we offer a variety of services:
Advice, preventive care and immunizations to traveling individuals and families according to CDC recommendations
Vaccinations for school, work and immigration purposes
Pre and post-travel physical exams and health certificates
Consultation and care for patients with suspected infectious diseases or fever
Consultation for patients with mysterious illnesses
On-Site Flu Clinics
We are one of few centers authorized to provide the yellow fever vaccine, which we record on an International Certificate of Vaccination. The vaccines we offer are listed below, and our cost structure is clearly posted in the Pricing section.
Click on each vaccine for valuable information